Saturday 8 January 2011

My house is clean!!! Like properly!!!!

This is a picture of my kitchen floor. It is actually, properly clean for the first time since I started my business. That's a bit embarrassing to admit as no one wants to admit how much they haven't got round to the housework but running the business, looking after the kids and having 2 dogs and 2 cats as well as a husband have meant that cleaning the kitchen floor has decidedly NOT been a priority.

But today something has happened that has, if not changed my life, but definitely saved my mental health. My cleaner started.

That is not an over dramitisation at all. I hate having a messy or dirty house but I have had to admit that I really can't do everything and not have some sort of breakdown in a big way. I know some women who manage this fine and that's brilliant for them. I am big enough to say that I really can't cope. And I have now done something about it after dreaming of it for 4 years.

Walking back into a perfectly clean, tidy house has just lifted my spirits after a somewhat shitty and confusing start to the New Year. I know the kids will trash it in about 10 minutes (if not less!) and that the dogs/cats/boots of the household will render it a memory by the end of tomorrow but do you know what? She's coming again next Saturday too, so it will be wonderful all over again.

I actually love Liz, I really do. And I told her that before she left. I am going to buy her all the nice cleaning products that she would like and her own special 'Houskeeper's Box' of the retro style to keep them all in. Ok that is just an excuse coz I've wanted one for ages. But still the thought is there :)

I will actually happily go without new shoes for the rest of this year so I can pay for her. And that is saying something!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment