Monday 28 February 2011

My Oven

My oven and I have a slightly strained relationship it has to be said. I want it to bake my cakes and roast my Sunday lunch and it wants to get things done as quickly as possible. It only has one temperature, which is ON - although it should be a bit more variable than that - and it likes things to be burnt round the edges but raw in the middle. I do not.

To be fair I don't really clean it, that would be way too icky, and I maybe slam the door a little too hard so perhaps it's just taken the hump with me and decided to not work properly. It was also free when I got it. A friend of mine had her kitchen redone and 2 eye level double ovens fitted so my little mini range spent a bit of time in her garden before being stuffed in the back of my car (it just fitted and the boot didn't quite close) and transported to my Mother in Laws garage in Shropshire. It spent some time in there too before being brought back to Leicestershire and finally installed in my kitchen about 2 years ago. Perhaps it's just sulking at the neglect.

But I have now got a man out to clean it in noxious chemicals, scrub it within an inch of its life and generally spruce up the whole cooker. Hopefully that will make it work and make me less embarrassed about opening the door when there are other people in my house. If not, I have the number of a man who can get me new parts and fix it.

Coz even if it doesn't like me, I am rather fond of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment